We would like to be transparent about what you can expect of us. Our goal is to make individual libraries available to readers island-wide for free or at a low cost (if shipping is involved). This community initiative is not-for-profit and voluntary. Right now, we are a small team so we will try our best to operate smoothly and troubleshoot quickly. We are eager to expand, but first, we would like to grow slowly and build a firm foundation of consistent lenders and reliable readers. There are also a few things that we expect of you as a borrower & a book owner.
You are expected to be a responsible reader. This means you should:
- Be kind and courteous when chatting with the book owner. Please keep in mind that book owners are taking time out of their day to deliver books to you.
- Communicate with the book owner only via the Maktaba Books Telegram bot created by the Maktaba Books team.
- Treat the books well as they are precious to the lender
- After selecting delivery method, pay a $5 deposit fee to the MB team via PayLah! or PayNow.
- If using in-person book drop, show up on time for pick-ups and drop-offs.
- If using Grab Express, please be present for book delivery. Pay the MB team the total amount via PayLah! or PayNow.
- Return books after 30 days (from date of borrowing form submission) unless a separate date is agreed upon by both lender and borrower.
Book Owner Guidelines
You are expected to be reliable. This means you should:
- Be kind and courteous when chatting with the borrower. We understand that planning a pick-up date can be stressful. If at any point you feel overwhelmed, please reach out to us. We would be more than happy to help.
- Communicate with the borrower only via the Maktaba Books Telegram bot created by the Maktaba Books team.
- Protect your books with a plastic or paper cover if you are worried about minor wear and tear.
- If using in-person book drop, show up on time for book pick-ups and drop-offs.
- If using Grab Express, please be present for book delivery.
- Notify the Maktaba Books team when books are safely returned to you by submitting the form that is sent by the Maktaba Books Telegram bot.